Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 in Review


January 2010- Ringing in the new year with my best friends by my side. Looking forward to 2010 and all the adventures it brings.
February 2010- French Exchange students from Marseille, France arrive in the United States. Marianne quickly became another member of our family and we miss her dearly!
March 2010- Just 5 weeks after the French Exchange students came to Chicago, we were packed up and ready to fly off to France. Because of heavy snow (in March?!?!) our flight was delayed for 3 hours and we all were itching to leave. We said au revoir to our parents and flew off on a whirlwind adventure.
April 2010- A picture with a baguette...when in France...do as the French do! The baguettes were cheap and were plentiful. My first international trip included being pick pocketed, climbing the Eiffel Tower, shopping in the markets, eating crepes and much more.
May 2010- Working on a film for LTTV (Lyons Township Television), the television station at my high school. The film was a murder mystery with a twist. LTTV is my home away from home and I probably spend more time at school than I do at home.
June 2010- My younger brother, Josh, graduated from 8th grade and is now in the same high school as me (scary). We have 2 campuses at my school so I never see him. My little brothers are growing up too fast!
July 2010- This picture was taken at base camp of our backpacking trip to the Stanley Hot Springs in western Idaho. To read more about my trip with the Student Conservation Association please visit the post.
August 2010- After returning from my trip to Idaho and working as a nanny the rest of the summer a 4 day mini vacation to a friend's lake house was a must. 4 days filled with tubing, water skiing, swimming, kayaking, boating and soaking up some rays.
September 2010- Some of my best friends and I went to a Rascal Flatts concert the weekend after school started and had a blast. They are my favorite band and everyone enjoyed themselves.
October 2010- After being accepted to SCAD and having my heart set on attending my dad and I took a trip down to Savannah, Georgia to check it out. I fell in love with SCAD and the city that surrounds it. The opportunities available to the students are unprecedented and all the professors have worked professionally in the fields they are teaching. I can not wait to begin classes in fall 2011
November 2010- Yet another film in production in cooperation with LTTV. This was the first film that I produced, directed, and edited all by myself. The finished product ended up being over 8 minutes but because of the competition I was entering I had to cut it in half. To see Date with Cthulhu please visit my vimeo.
December 2010- With the year coming to a close I realize that this was a year of firsts. First time out of the United States, first time backpacking, first college visit, first college acceptance, and some of the first times I've truly felt alive.

"As a big 2010 came to its conclusion I felt purposeful and satisfied, but also on the verge of overwhelm. 2011 and 2012 will be even bigger - how can I maintain momentum without forgetting to live in the moment? This is the challenge and the opportunity of the year: to create sustainable growth in all areas while retaining a core sense of identity." -Chris Guillebeau

What am I looking forward to in 2011?
A possible volunteer trip to Haiti, graduating high school, spending the summer in Ghana, making documentaries, moving out, starting college, traveling to the ends of the world, pursuing my passions, and living every moment to it's fullest.

Meilleurs Vœux
Nejlepší přání
最良好的祝愿
Onnentoivotukset
Auguri
Parimate soovidega
ด้วยค

Best Wishes,
Rebecca Kuntz

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey, Rebecca. Your love of learning and these special opportunities will serve you well. You are a wonderful role model for my students and are the perfect example of what can happen when preparedness meets opportunity. God bless you in the adventures that await you.
    -Rick Glass

    ReplyDelete